Adel Ras Clinical Psychology

What is the difference between a Clinical, Counselling, Educational, Industrial and Research psychologist? Who does what?

As mentioned before the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) make provision for five registration categories in Psychology: Clinical, Counseling, Educational, Industrial and Research psychology.

Clinical psychologists are psychologists that work in the field of psychiatric diagnosed disorders, developmental and psychological distress. Counseling psychologists work with life challenges and adjustment difficulties encountered in everyday living.

Educational psychologists work with difficulties related to development, learning, education and career development.

Industrial psychologist work within organizations to optimize human resources in order to enhance organizational behavior effectively.

Research psychologists work in the field of psychological research.

Comment on this FAQ

Close Menu